About World Street Workout & Calisthenics federation
Street workout sport is constantly gaining recognition and popularity worldwide as a social movement and a democratic sporting activity. While street workout is a sport by its nature, WSWCF is also profoundly involved in social work, uniting different nationalities, minorities, social and ethnic groups, disabled people and outcasts, thus bringing them back into society and consequently improving the social integration among various layers of the society.
WSWCF is an international non-governmental, non-for profit organization operating worldwide pursuant to international law. It was founded on April 08, 2011 and recorded in the Registry of Associations and Foundations of the Republic of Latvia on May 17th, 2011, with registration No. 40009178458. WSWCF’s main office is located in Riga, Latvia.
WSWCF unites national street workout organizations and supporters on a global level, and directs and coordinates the street workout matters and activities worldwide. WSWCF is the official organizer of the Street Workout Freestyle World Championship, Street Workout Power and Strength World Championship, Street Workout Freestyle World Cup series, World Bar Games, and the World Pull-Up Day.
On August 28th, 2011, a Memorandum of Understanding was signed by nine countries, represented by the participants of the 1st Street Workout World Championship. The purpose of the Memorandum was to express recognition and support to the WSWCF and its goals.
Objectives of the WSWCF
The objectives of the WSWCF as stated under its Articles of Association are:
- Worldwide development of street workout sport as a social movement and as a professional sport;
- Ensuring that street workout is officially recognized worldwide as a type of sport;
- Worldwide attraction of new members to the street workout;
- Creation of new street workout training facilities worldwide.
- Worldwide promotion of street workout sport, including distribution of information about street workout on international level, organization of international educational and qualification-raising events, cooperation with national and international governmental and non-governmental entities and organizations;
- Aligning and coordinating the activity of national and regional street workout unions and organizations;
- Organization of international street workout contests, including regional and world street workout championships, development and approval of rules of such contests;
- Development and implementation of internationally recognized procedures for obtaining and maintaining of qualification of street workout instructors, including procedures for training and certification of instructors;
- By means of its activity to facilitate the improvement of the society members’ overall health condition and quality of life, to facilitate the social integration among different layers of the society and hence to contribute to development of a more civic society in national and international level.
WSWCF works on other activities which will facilitate the development of street workout. WSWCF aims to include street workout as a discipline in Olympic Games, Summer X games, gain worldwide recognition and to cooperate with other international sports organizations, such as TAFISA (The Association For International Sport for All, www.tafisa.net).
Structure of the WSWCF
WSWCF has set up a structure which enables implementation of its goals. WSWCF enables membership of Member States and Associated Members.
Member States are legal organizations (legal entities or legally capable unions of persons) in a particular country (such as Latvia, Russia, the USA, etc.) which, according to their organizational documents, manage, facilitate or develop the street workout movement or sport in the respective country. Organization from a particular country which is a Member State of the WSWCF is responsible for coordination of street workout matters in the respective country.
Associated Members are any private individuals, unions of persons, organizations, legal entities and other persons, which support support, facilitate or develop the street workout movement or sport and want to become members of the WSWCF.
WSWCF is currently in the process of forming its structure. If you want to become a member of the WSWCF, please contact main coordinator Alexander Ivashko writing an email to firstname.lastname@example.org