We know that you don’t like to read long lists of rules and regulations, so for those who have done that already and know the existing rules, here are 14 things that you have to know about changes in WSWCF competition rules and regulations in 2017. For all others we suggest to fully read all of the rules and regulations and you will never have to ask: “But why?”
All improvements have been done based on feedback received at the end of 2016.
1. Starting from 2017 in all street workout National Championships and World Cup stages, judges will use a 5 point system instead of a 10 point system. Judges will use 10 point system ONLY in the World Championship and World Cup Super Final.
2. Static moves will only be judged if a correct position is held for no less than 3 seconds.
3. Based on the results of the Street Workout Freestyle World Championship 2016, those participant countries that qualified for the second final round (15 male and 5 female athletes) will have the right to have 2 participants representing this country in the Street Workout Freestyle World Championship 2017.
4. All winners (1st place) of Kenguru Pro Street Workout World Cup 2017 stages will automatically qualify for a Kenguru Pro Street Workout World Cup Super Final in Guadeloupe and their flight ticket costs will be covered by the organisers. Second place winners of all stages have the right to also participate in the Super Final if they fully cover their own travel expenses.
5. In all Kenguru Pro Street Workout World Cup 2017 stages, the Style judge will be judging only during the first round, but will have the same amount of points to distribute as the Static, Dynamic and Combination judge. 5 points in a World Cup stage and 10 points in the Super Final.
6. In all WSWCF competitions, Dynamic element category will have two sub-categories:
6.1. dynamic strength (power muscle up, one arm pull-up, hand stand push-up, etc.).
6.2. dynamic acrobatics (all spins, somersaults, etc.).
6.3. A judge can give only maximum of 2.5 points for each sub-category in the 5 point system and a maximum of 5 points in the 10 point system. Judging list of a dynamic judge has two separate sections.
7. Combinations judging category will also have changes:
7.1. Maximum of 1.5 points in the 5 point system and maximum of 3 points in the 10 point system can be given for only static combinations.
7.2. Maximum of 1.5 points in the 5 point system and maximum of 3 points in the 10 point system can be given for only dynamic combinations.
7.3. Maximum of 5 points in the 5 point system and maximum of 10 points in the 10 point system can be given for mixed static and dynamic combos. Mixed combination is accepted only, if at least 2 dynamic and 2 static elements are done within one combination. At least 2 mixed combinations have to be done to earn the maximum of 5 or maximum of 10 points.
8. From now on only falling from the bar with both hands or partly falling from the bar, with one hand still attached to the bar, will be considered as mistakes. All other mistakes except the previously mentioned are considered as “bad form” of elements and has to be taken into account by the judge of the particular category and will no longer be defined as mistakes.
9. Repeating of the same element in the same or any further round or set implies a reduction of 0.5 points in the 5 point system and minus 1 point in the 10 point system. For each next repeated element or set implies a further reduction of 0.5 points in the 5 point system and 1 point in the 10 point system. Maximum of 3 points can be reduced from an athlete. Points for front lever and back lever will not be reduced, if the elements are done next after front lever in combination with front lever with one hand, or they are combined in a completely different routine as only 1 element out of minimum of 3 elements. Same applies to the back lever.
10. Mistakes and repetition of the move will be indicated separately in a judging list.
11. To participate in a National Championship or World Cup stage, athletes have to be in possession of a travel international passport that has to be shown during the registration for the competitions.
12. Athletes that have obtained travel support from any organisations and have not traveled, have to fully refund their lost travel costs within one month or will be disqualified from competitions for 5 years.
13. All athletes traveling to WSWCF international events have got to have enough money reserved to return back home, if they have been late for the airplane or any other serious situation occurs. Or there has to be a person back home who can help them solve this issue without any interrupting the work of the organisers. WSWCF and other organisers are not taking any liability and responsibility in such cases.
14. The Street Workout Power and Strength World Championship 2017 will take place on the 30th of September in Riga, Latvia, and will be held in 2 categories.
14.1. Street workout weighted category of a three element combination (weighted pull-ups, weighted dips and weighted squats.
14.2. Street workout power and strength element combination performed without additional weights and in the form of a relay (timed).
Good luck to everyone in their preparations and see you guys in our competitions!
One Bar, One Love!